Practitioner-oriented syllabus on the disruptive patterns, developments and opportunities motivated by Blockchain. For institutions, enterprises and entrepreneurs.
8.30 am - 5:00 pm, 23 March 2018, Opal 105 @ Singapore EXPO
This ONE DAY ONLY EXCLUSIVE MASTERCLASS will be led by Gurvinder Ahluwalia, Founder & CEO of Digital Twin Labs, LLC Dallas and Co-founder & Chief Strategy Officer of Beyond Protocol, Inc., Silicon Valley in the United States of America. Gurvinder is widely regarded by startups, enterprises, institutions and media for seminal team contribution to the industry in proving Blockchain as a next generation architecture for IoT. He has stewarded clients, industry, and communities through our recent waves of tech disruption from Internet to Web to Mobile to Cloud and now to Blockchain. More at http://www.internetofthingsasia.com/people/gurvinder-ahluwalia .
Today, we stand as beneficiaries and practitioners at the tipping point of another technological upheaval. This time, it is the Internet of Trust, underpinned by Blockchain.
What is its estimated magnitude of impact and outcome?
Any vertical, any use case domain, and any way you look at it – the numbers are telling. According to analyses variously by The Economist, Accenture, the World Economic Forum and other sources: Banks stand to save USD20b. Financial services will see USD100b in cost reductions by 2020. Logistics use cases stand to gain 80% in efficiencies across trading parties. Cross-border payments will see USD60b in savings. Supply chain trade finance will boost revenues by USD14b. Initial Coin Offerings or ICO’s, a daring disruption in funding markets, raised USD5b globally in 2017. The blockchain global market is estimated to grow over 61% CAGR from about USD210M in 2016 to USD2.3b by 2021 and USD7.74b by 2024. By 2027, 10% of global GDP is expected to be stored on blockchains.
A Masterclass That Stands Apart from Others
This masterclass will address current and impending developments in Blockchain – WHY it is happening, WHY NOW, and the practical aspects of HOW enterprises can leverage the opportunities.
Led by a seasoned and sought-after US-based practitioner and expert in Blockchain, IoT and Cloud with extensive field engagements in multiple verticals including:
- blockchain adoption in global supply chains
- provenance of diamonds and luxury assets
- provenance of agriculture and food articles in the supply chain and cold chain in retail
- logistics and trade finance in shipping
- asset and risk management in insurance
- reference data in financial services
- post-trade settlement in capital markets and others.
The masterclass leader brings extensive experience in bridging enterprise legacy systems in the movement to Blockchain networks, having served industry sectors in previous eras of transition from client/server to web to mobility to cloud and now to Blockchain. His work and audiences in Blockchain usually CEOs, CxOs and other senior leaders in business and technical functions at enterprises and start-ups. In all settings, Blockchain is being sponsored at the CxO/xVP levels and in many situations directly from the CEO level.
This Blockchain and IoT Masterclass is for a broad audience in various verticals and domains from enterprise, start-up, and public sector settings at varying level of understanding or adoption of Blockchain.
Target roles include:
- Technology and business leaders
- Chief technology, innovation, and other CxO teams
- Lawyers in technology related practices, contract innovation
- Supply chain, global trade, logistics
- Other experts involved in multi-party process and integration
Target organisations include:
- Large / Medium enterprises
- Public sector institutions
- Education and research
Target verticals include:
- Financial services
- Health services
- Legal and accounting
- Logistics and distribution
- Professional services
- Public sector, defense, and utilities
- Real estate
- Technology and engineering
- Transportation and aerospace
The depth, breadth and scope of topics will be paced to suit the profile of participants assessed through a poll at the start of the masterclass.
Learning Highlights – Strategic & Actionable:
- Systems evolution and next generation transaction systems
- Vision and maturity of next generation IoT systems
- Elements and evolution of Blockchain
- Use cases for Blockchain (representative) provenance, supply chain, loyalty program, agriculture and food, retail, shipping, trade finance, fraud prevention, compliance/risk management, post trade settlement, private and government record-keeping, land rights, corporate actions, crypto-currencies, shipping manifests.
- Intersection of Blockchain with IoT, Cloud, AI/ML
- Relationship of Blockchain with Bitcoin and crypto-currencies
- Public and Private Blockchain networks
- Business and technical notion of tokens and crypto-assets
- Move from API Economy to Token Economy
- Characteristics of good use cases for Blockchain
- Isolating your use cases
- Preparing your use cases and roadmap
Learning highlights – Business:
- Understanding disruption patterns
- The knitting of modern technologies for digitization
- Transaction economics
- Blockchain models
- Why is decentralized technology different
- Business differentiations unique only from Blockchain
- Decentralize governance and participant incentives
- How consensus protocols create new forms of marketplaces
- New business models and token-based venture formation
Learning highlights – Technology:
- Basic and some advanced concepts of Blockchain
- Platform & protocol landscape: Ethereum, Dfinity, Neo, Corda, Cardano, Hyperledger, et al
- Smart contracts
- Incentive alignment in multi-party contracts
- Security and Trust
- Privacy and Identity
- Consensus protocols deep dive
Blockchain is not just a technology. It is fast becoming a global resource for critical learning, buildout, alignment and governance in multi-party relationships:
- Learn what this means to you at a practical level
- How to construct your business models
- How to isolate your use cases
- How to outline your steps to strategise, roadmap, and experiment
8:30 am - 9:00 am - Registration and networking
9:00 am - 9:15 am - Welcome and orientation
9:15 am - 10:30 am - Session 1: Masterclass overview and introduction to blockchain
10:30 am - 11:30 am - Session 2: Blockchain use cases and field practitioner lessons
11;30 am - 12:45 pm - Networking lunch
12:45 pm - 1:15 pm - Session 3: Knitting modern technologies for business – Blockchain, IoT, Cloud, AI/ML
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm - Session 4: Blockchain platforms and protocols
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm - Networking break
2:45 pm - 3:45 pm - Session 5: New business models and token-based venture formations
3:45 pm – 4:45 pm - Session 6: Create your roadmap – Isolate your use cases, planning and implementation steps
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm - Wrap up